Monday, October 1, 2007

Were Dreaming Fairies





With so many days spent wandering through the woods we have begun a new tradition. We are building fairy houses and fairy boats. It only seems right to give back as we use there magical human/spirits home. I hear they love reason for celebrations so we assist in there gatherings. Truly I am waiting for the day I see my first fairy. Nope, can't say that I have ever laid eyes on such a mystical creature..and am envious off all that have. I am stuck with the visions of Tinkerbell (funny enough my trail name while on the AT), the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella, and oh yes the dwarfs with Snow White. What I love most, Cedar hasn't even seen a picture of a fairy...and has yet to ask what a fairy is...but is persistent that we build them wonderful shelters.

I wonder what Cedar thinks every time we begin another Fairy home. What does he see, maybe he truly sees fairies all around. Today he said that they must love bathing in the river. That the river heats up and is a hot tub for all the fairies. So when we end each hike, and say farewell to the fairies i just love the magic in Cedars eyes when he says " Goodbye Fairies!!!"

(ohh dear,,little cedar and his cheesy smile!!)

5 comments:

Anne said...

natalie! you have a blog! it was so good to see you at amanda's shower way back when. your boys are the cutest.

damara & andy said...

god, look at cedar and all those beautiful teeth! it doesn't seem like it's been that long, but i guess it has! (and i love the blue flannel he has on - he looks like a woodsy, fairy-house building kid.) come visit for as long as you like. there's even a neighborhood cabin that's been unoccupied for awhile that you guys could stay in. yes! come! come!

Tom E said...

Love that smile! The blog is great. Thanks for keeping us up to date on the boys and your life.
Grandma Tom

THE REV. JEANNE FINAN said...

Natalie, I love your blog! In Ireland and other Celtic countries folks are a bit scared of fairies. One fellow in Scotland warned me to never follow fairies to their home as they would invite me in but then make me dance forever. Another thing I loved were the fairy trees--these are trees (usually near a spring or holy well) and folks come and tie items onto the trees--bandanas, strips of fabrics, notes--even money--and say prayers (especially for healing). I also noted that fairies and angels are often almost interchangeable in some stories.

THE REV. JEANNE FINAN said...

Natalie, I love your blog! In Ireland and other Celtic countries folks are a bit scared of fairies. One fellow in Scotland warned me to never follow fairies to their home as they would invite me in but then make me dance forever. Another thing I loved were the fairy trees--these are trees (usually near a spring or holy well) and folks come and tie items onto the trees--bandanas, strips of fabrics, notes--even money--and say prayers (especially for healing). I also noted that fairies and angels are often almost interchangeable in some stories.