Tuesday, June 15, 2010

you. now. before. six


people are always saying it goes too fast
I still remember like it was today your awakening into our life
I can't forget any moment from the dancing in your fathers arms
to the bouncing in the ball of birth.
I remember laying there so overjoyed
tears falling on you new fresh, soft, perfect skin.
Catie singing in the background, Papa taping your every move. And I was moved for LIFE.
you are our first. for Always.

I remember you sleeping on my chest. I remember you sitting so calmly with a basket of unneeded baby toys. You always smiling. People constantly warning me this would change. You were PERFECT. Your red hair slowly growing. Your first birthday, first crawl, walk, laugh... your laugh was contagious.

Then everyone said to hold onto it all. that I would be so sad to watch you age...and now almost 6 year later..I am overjoyed, I cry tears of love when I see you truly happy. You Love like no other 6 yr old I know. You think the world of everyone you meet. You are shy, silly, feisty, a brother, son, friend, boy. I cry when I see your smile light up a field. I watch from a distance and you hug a friend you just meet. You trust everyone. There is no understanding of "bad" for there is only good. You have entered the newest of transitions. Independence is not easy but when you reach out it is like an old glove sliding on ever so easy.

You are new. different then the fresh, wrinkled skin I first meet. You are alive, creative, loving, fiery, true. You demand time, love, cuddling. Cedar Ojassa Eamonn, I welcome the changes and hold tight to all the beautiful memories you have given me, your family, and friends.

1 comment:

Tom E said...

This is a beautiful tribute to a beautiful boy! Hard to beleive he will be six years old on Sunday. Have a fun day and give him kisses and hugs from his North Carolina grandparents.
Mimi and Grandpa Tom