Wednesday, July 29, 2009

From the Garden to our mouths in minutes








Ahhh. I am falling in love with our garden. Seeds have now been in the ground for 2 months and we have delighted in radishes, romaine, red leaf lettuce and snow peas...but nothing has been as good as our beets. I am sad to say that Jody and I have never roasted beets until yesterday. Where have we been. Oh my gosh and the greens sauteed a true surprise of wonderful food. They are amazing........So we wait patiently as the carrots grow bigger, the squash turn bright yellows and greens, our beans go from flowers to poles, and we will greet the fall with pumpkins. But for now I will revel in the days spent weeding while the boys pick peas and giggle when I show them new sprouts...and truthy eats mud, crawls in mud, and picks at our greens!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello eamonn family.
wow, what a feast - roasted beets rock!
and, great photo of truth - she's growing fast.
cheers, andy.