Thursday, November 13, 2008

wind so strong

It must be the wind that keeps us alive. I live in the mountains. The mountains of wind up here. The stirring wind. The wind howls, shaking our house to such a strength I visualize everything going. And that is where this energy comes from. Not to mention the full moon that glows through my closed blinds onto her face. She lays there so happy, full grin, cooing, I shouldn't but I do. I look at the clock and realize it is 2am. I try to deny her, try to roll away from her but in the end she ALWAYS wins. Her body scooches over closer, she snuggles in tight and feeds once more. The wind is howling, shaking the house. We all like to complain about it but we all stay. The kids today are jumping our of there skin with an energy they can't contain or explain. The wind howls and keeps everything constantly shifting as to say try to keep still. try to keep constant with out change. The wind will win. It is winter again. The calm summer of heat, adventure, long days and nights is over. It is dark now. or almost always. The darkness and wind are back for months to follow. The decision to fly with the wind or hold on tight to a fight I cant win. So I will go. to listen to the wind and follow in its many directions. It must be the wind that keeps us alive.

No comments: