Wednesday, November 26, 2008

my little people

So here is one of those mumbo jumbo blogs with absolutely no point! Just the filler after a busy last couple days. Cedar is a "big" kid now after hopping into Benjamin's car and heading to the Denver Museum for a special exhibit on Dinosaurs and an IMAX..all without me:( Actually it was really fun to see the excitement on his face knowing he was headed with his best friend on an adventure while Orien stayed home to get better from some yucky cold bug. And 8 hours later when i picked him p Benjamin Cedar we still plotting on how they could end up at Ben's house for dinner!!! (wasn't missed on bit)

I myself have embarked on a Waldorf doll making class. It has had its ups and downs and now I know why I want a thimble soon!! I am sooo close and will obviously post photos of Truth Christmas surprise when it isn't naked and without hair!!

We also started Forest School this past week. There are are group of moms joining together to starts a wilderness school if you will. Each Monday we will wander out to our place ,we call it our magical place in the forest, to create a rhythm centered around community ties and experiential leadership from the kids. It was great. We found our magical place and I heard Cedar act more like a leader then ever before...I love seeing him so comfortable in his surroundings..yelling"lets get to work" as they found large dead trees that will soon make up our shelter!! So well keep you all posted as to what comes of this. we hope to create some rituals around campfire cooking, gathering water, Waldorf emphasis story telling and what ever else the kiddos find important..keeping it simple and natural and braving whatever weather element comes our way!

Jody is preparing for the Big Thanksgiving feast..going for a southern twist. Homemade Hush puppies, fried catfish, mac-n-cheese,smoked salmon, salad, rolls, and white chocolate raspberry bread pudding..YUMMY I cant wait,,,The Trumbowers will join us for our 4th year of feasting and kid playing!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all...I am so thankful for family, friends, Organic food, smiles, tears and everything in between!

No comments: