Monday, March 14, 2011

simply doing

When I think of parenting and those all important teachings..nothing ever seems more important that the gift of caring for one another. When I define Family it is simply that caring for each other with pure love and kindness...not that follow through always comes smoothly.... I guess a lifelong journey  in a family.

Over the last 2 weeks Cedar has been fundraising for St.Baldricks. St.Baldricks it the largest non-profit organization fundraising for money for curing childhood cancer. This is Cedar's third year. I keep it simple for him. There are sometimes kids who get sick, an illness known as cancer, and they need scientists and doctors to find a cure for them and end this yucky illness. Cedar deeply cares about others. In groups he tends to become a cheerleader for the "everyone can join in" kind of kiddo...He senses that feeling of being left out, uninvited, or bullied as such a raw and unnecessary way to spend time with others. And so for him St.Baldricks is really just a simple way of helping other kids. It also helps that his papa has been participating as well..It's a boy/man bonding part of our family and in this scenario I am the cheerleader! And so today I am proud. I am proud he spent time making $470.00 and then shaving his head at the St.Baldricks party! I am proud of him when we got home Orien really wanted to be like his big brother and shave his head. I am proud when he helped with this and hugged Orien with a deep heartfelt hug afterwards and today woke saying he has SOOOO much fun at St.Baldricks. I am proud when he says he can't wait to do it again and Orien responds yay, I like short hair..and Cedar replies " I like short hair too. I really care about kids"
Today I feel proud and full!
cedar and jody before shaving
After!
The Starbucks Team
Orien and Cedar Brothers! St.Baldricks Boys!
Truthy, Orien, and Cedar all hugs!

No comments: