Wednesday, January 19, 2011

where I am today

"we can learn like the trees-how to bend, how to sway and say I, I think I understand. ..."-ani difranco

I hold on tight to what I love. I hold even tighter to what my family loves. I know what we love together:  to play, the woods, building, the elements of weather, traveling, friends, community,....adventure.

With this comes change. Something I struggle with. Change in seasons, change in schedules, changes in relationships, change is hard and makes me feel a bit trapped.  Consistency rides strong. Rhythms makes sense. and then it all doesn't and my heart grows weary....and I loose focus. Maybe it is the full moon, maybe the winter settling in, maybe the post vacation lull...the change in forest school...but I am stuck in the medium for a love of what is to come and a sadness for what is left behind.

No comments: