Sunday, November 29, 2009

holding him

i heard the news of another baby born
yet there is never just another
each so significant each so different each the same
When i heard the news memories rushed
of each of our babes...of that intense feeling
Perfect, Pure,
Love
the kind of love that holds a heart so tight that nothing can come between
that awakes the whole mind, body, spirit

And then I held him. And he was just that
new with wrinkles
soft with strong bone structure
old soul who he has been here before
And then that thought of freezing all of this

of freezing my family.,,and then i realized I really only need to freeze this
Age will come, life moves forwards, out of control babies to adults
aging, changing, coming, going
but this I hold so tight
and held my babies all the tighter today
with Pure Love

1 comment:

Brynn said...

Ahhhh...making me cry. So, so, so grateful to share these bigger than life moments with you.