Thursday, April 23, 2009

Turning Three


I am blown away that another year has passed with Orien in our lives. Again I think just yesterday I was holding a 10lb baby in my arms, watching Cedar walk into the hospital room looking so "big" and now Orien is 3!! And so I use this excuse to write to you Orien
Dear Orien,
A million happy Birthdays to you. You have changed in so many ways yet you still maintain the same sweet, compassionate, loving, kind, son, brother animal lover you were the minute you were born!! Yes you have grown like a weed. In fact you and your brother now share all of your clothes. You are very particular about your clothes..you only like comfy wind pants, shorts, zip-up PJ"s...and your pick of shirts!! You refuse to wear cords, tight pants and overalls you despise!! You have had 1 haircut and say you never want another!! You love you pair of "soccer" shoes and run around singing little made up songs to go with that like " i have soccer shoes..do da"

Orien you are such a loving guy. You always ask how others are..you sill enjoy a morning of cuddling when we aren't up at 6AM!! You LOVE tiny things. For your birthday you got 6 tiny horses in a pouch along with other plush animals and you haven't stopped carrying the horses all day!! You also love books and tiny book are best. You have a little hand sized book about Santa which by far is your favorite! I hear you reading to yourself so much! Curious George is another series you enjoy!! You can play for hours with little plush animals talking to them and telling great stories. You think pockets are amazing..I have heard you stop a dance class to tell Mrs. Suzanne " I have pockets" You are always making up little tunes to sing about your world!! I hear you say so many times a day " I love you Truth, I love you mommy/daddy. I love you Rupert (the new puppy).etc...you are simply filled with Love..and I consider it to be unconditional!! You love Cedar, enjoy playing with him and no matter how many times he is rough with you, you LOVE him:) And whoever EataFeta is you and Cedar constantly talk about her/It!!!!!

Orien we love watching you become more and more yourself and comfortable with the world around you. You now enjoy exploring in the woods, making "soup", sawing wood with your buddy Guthrie, and especially love snacking away, while sitting by a creek! You are independent, you tend to roll with yourself first and when you are in the modd join the others and "big" boys. You don't mind alone time, infact when you are having arough time you do best with your bear bear, a book and your bed.
Orien you have a sweet tooth..I don't know where you get that from!!! I think you could nibble chocolate all day if it was around!! For your birthday today you decided on cheesecake. We just returned from the Cheesecake Factory where you gobbled strawberry cheesecake sharing plenty with Truth!!

Dear Orien there are so many stories I would love to write about..endless really. In the end we LOVE you so much and are honored to be apart of your life. I can't wait to watch you grow throughout the next yr. May you continue to wander your own path, filled with joy, singing,love, friendship, storytelling and many new adventures!! Happy third Birthday Orien Aatmaani Eamonn

No comments: