Monday, October 13, 2008

This I Believe

driving home from a nice run at the gym
NPR on in the background..while my mind did the usual racing of "to do's"
no kids in the car so I can actually hear and really hear the radio
the broadcast of This I believe starts..
my hair on my arm begins to lift up and my eyes soften ready for tears
A man with a calm,soothing voice begins to tell his story
an early birth of there first, emergency C to save the mother/wife having major complications
he talks so full of Love as if every bone in his body stands full of compassion...
empathy fills my mind
the baby born..first able to hold him, then only rubbing his delicate hands through an incubator, then no touch, eventually death
too young for his delicate lungs to stay alive
and yet this man seems to calm scribing the last hours with his son how thankful that he spent everyone minute of his sons life with him
the strength of so many people....ad he says what i need to hear
like a church bell at noon so loud you cant miss it
Love every minute of your children's existence..seems so easy yet taken for granted

then I surround myself in a new group that same day talking about C0-op education-homeschooling
with the same final tone...they are so little for such a short time..seems i am in a beautiful space,
this is when I know that there just are some days where every moment happens for a reason
that feeling of coming up for fresh air and filling my lungs with newness and simplicity that, and reminders... love and happiness are truly all we need and need to give...

No comments: