Sunday, May 4, 2008

music through 30 years

I realize as I sit here downloading a gazillion songs how much music has always marked moments, meeting, relationships...the years, days, months in tangling into my most fond memories. jody and the boys gave me anew Ipod as my birthday gift,,,and now i am attached to the computer in attempt to fill the 20,000 songs that could go on the pod....and with each song bring backs memories..memories or small concerts at Amazing Grace where I was truly introduced to artists like Martin Sexton, Chris and Johnny ( sitting there amongst amanda and katy writing in journals saying goodbye to a year of college) or Patty Griffin who so boldly sticks out as a walk done 3rd street belting her music on the way home to the yellow house. Or Dixie Chicks first introduced to me on a "mix tape" from jennie a friend from cheley days...listening to wide open spaces while flying though the beach of Lake superior....or to Ani Difrancos million songs sung as I wandered the Appalachian trail..and meeting Jody while talking of her songs and meanings out in TN on the first adventure we took together back in 2000. I could go on and on...catie curtis who's music brought Cedar into this world, it seems for me music began when i left home and from there on out all my memories are attached to some song....and it feels good to travel to the past while preparing for the unknown with music..so off i go to get my fill..of the yesterdays and tomorrows.

1 comment:

amanda jane said...

ahhhhh takes me back....